Clomid is a strong antiestrogen and has an effect similar to Tamoxifen. Clomid started getting popular right from the 1970s as a drug to treat infertility in women, and in fact, even today it is used for this purpose.In case of bodybuilding, Clomid helps those athletes who have been using anabolic steroids and want to get rid of the side effects (that of conversion of steroids to female sex hormone) and desire to stimulate the natural internal testosterone production after completing their course of steroids.This medicine binds to those brain receptors that are responsible for producing sex hormones. If the male hormone levels are timely restored, it helps avoid loss of strength and muscle mass and improves the overall appearance of an athlete, and this is why Clomid for bodybuilding is so popular.
How does Clomid work on bodybuilders?
The popularity of Clomiphene for bodybuilding is nothing new. It has been very popular amongst not only bodybuilders but weightlifter and athletes as well because of its great positive effects, including:
- An increase in testosterone levels
- An increase in hormones that supports follicle formation
- Better production of GnRH
After completing their steroid therapy, what athletes generally do is to start taking supplements so that their hormones get balanced. What they do not understand is that once their body experiences a strong hormonal imbalance and their sex hormone levels are highly reduced, taking any dietary supplements will not prove to be of any use.
Clomid can prove to be of great help in such a situation. It affects the levels of LH (luteinizing hormone) and FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), directly. LH and FSH are known to affect the production of testosterone. Clomiphene, which is the main ingredient of Clomid gets attached to the estrogen receptors and controls their activity.
Right after 2-3 days of taking Clomid, you will start noticing positive effects like:
- The amount of FSH and LH reaches its maximum.
- The testosterone levels are raised significantly.
- The male hormone indicators get back to their ideal state.
- High values of FSH and LH come back to their proper level.
The duration of recovery will vary from individual to individual. Basically, however, you can expect your body to recover after about 14 days. In some cases, the duration can go as high as 90 days. No matter what the situation, Clomid can certainly help bodybuilders improve their physical performance and overall appearance.
You can follow this scheme for Clomid administration
- Extra-heavy does period – Take 150mg of the medication for 3 days, then 100 mg for 12 days, followed by 50 mg for 15 days, and then 25 mg for another 15 days.
- After heavy dose period – In this stage, you need to take Clomid 100 mg for 15 days, followed by 50 mg for 15 days, and then 25 mg for 15 days.
- Average dose – In this case, you need to take 50mg for 30 days and then 25 mg for 15 days.
Next, you can follow the light dose course and then a very light dose course. Remember, this is a suggested dosage, but you should ideally talk to a specialist before starting any Clomid course.